Deeker's Diaper Page
Updated on December 8, 2002
This privacy statement was written in order to demonstrate a firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: Deeker.com.
- IP addresses and the sites from which visits to Deeker.com originate are logged. However, this information is seldom used. Most often, such information would be used for investigative purposes in the event of misuse or abuse of this site and may also be used for other administrative purposes. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Nowhere within Deeker.com are cookies used, nor does this site enable access to any information about its visitors from cookies received while visiting this site.
- This site contains links to other sites. Deeker.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Visitors are encouraged to be aware when they leave this site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
- Several sections of this site contain information which originates from user input. This information is either obtained from online forms or via email. These sections include the following: Contributed Stories, Guestbook, Sightings Reports, Survey, and True Accounts. This list will be updated as new user-input based features are added to this site. The information gathered for the aforementioned sections may include personal contact information (name, email address), demographic information (age, gender, approximate locale of residency) and profile data (mostly in the Survey section). These data are collected for analysis purposes and are used tailor visitors' experiences at this site, showing them content that they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
- All email addresses obtained via email messages to the
are kept private unless the individual specifically consents to displaying his address on the site. This situation usually applies to listing his email address with a contributed story.
- On the forms for the Sightings Reports, Survey and True Accounts, the visitor has the option to either have his email address displayed or not displayed. This option must be explicitly indicated. Each of these forms also allows the visitor to enter an alternate email address should he wish to not disclose his actual email address to the webmaster.
- On the Guestbook form the email address may be omitted. Including an email address with a Guestbook entry, however, is an implicit agreement to allow it to be displayed publicly. A visitor may request to have his address added, removed or changed at any time via an email request to the webmaster.
- On the form for visitors to send requests to add new links to the Links page, it requires that the visitor submit an email address. This information will only be used if the webmaster deems it necessary to contact the visitor and will not be displayed with the link.
- The primary purpose for requiring email addresses on the forms which mandatorily request this information is to prevent spammers from abusing these forms by entering bogus email addresses and/or domains and is not meant to obligate visitors to divulge personal contact information. This is the reason the webmaster has provided an alternate email address for these sections, to serve the interests of visitors who wish to not disclose their email addresses.
- The webmaster may use email addresses obtained from the aforementioned sources to contact visitors but will not share this information with any other individuals or with any companies. The webmaster very much respects the privacy of this site's visitors. Such individual contact will most often be to acknowledge the receipt of a story or other article, to share comments with an author of a submitted story or other article, to ask questions regarding a submitted story or other article, or to ask personal questions regarding further details on the visitor's history and/or experiences with wearing diapers in the interest of establishing friendship. The webmaster will not attempt to obtain further personal contact information. Any such information to be divulged to the webmaster is entirely voluntary and is to be administered solely at the discretion of the visitor. In the event the webmaster deems a visitor to be abusive, personal contact information may be used for investigative purposes and will be shared with the appopriate agencies.
- For the "Dumbass Hall of Shame" and the weekly announcements in which a "Dumbass of the Week" award is given (including Runners-Up and Dishonorable Mentions), concerns for privacy involving said recipients of such recognition are NOT adhered to. Email addresses and any other personal information which can be applied to these persons WILL be displayed without consent.
- Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and visitors are urged to exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. Visitors who are under the age of 13 are strongly urged not to divulge any personal contact information without parental consent. The webmaster may remove such information pertaining to visitors who have indicated an age of less than 13.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the webmaster's control.