Deeker's Diaper Page
Deeker's Message of the Week
October 7, 2007
A Rough Week It's Been
The past week has certainly not been without its problems. Below are the issues that affected the web site:
To address these problems, the web site was migrated to a different and hopefully more secure server over the weekend. Here's hoping that it's smooth sailing from here on out.
- The web site was not and may still not be accessible by European users. Other areas around the world may have been affected as well.
- Some pathetic shit stain hacked into the site and screwed up the front page. Thank you so much for your contributions, whoever you are. Now please kindly direct yourself to the nearest overpass and jump out in front of the next semi you see barreling down the interstate at 80 mph.
- Email was not getting delivered to me. Several reports came in from people stating that their messages were bouncing. Some tests between the deeker.com email and my Hotmail and GMail accounts confirmed that something was amiss. When I wasn't even seeing spam in my inbox for several days I knew something was seriously wrong. For the first time ever I was actually glad to see spam. At least it was a sign that things were working again.
- While individual emails were not getting delivered, I was still seeing responses from the surveys and other forms throughout the site. As a temporary workaround measure I set up a form to serve as a general email link. While I thought about making this link a permanent part of the web site, in my haste I ended up hosing the code on several files, resulting in either blank or incomplete pages, so I reverted to the previous system of using a direct email link.
- The web site was not accessible at all, at least from what I could see. I suspect this was a denial of service (DoS) attack. I also suspect this and the other problems listed above are related and are likely the work of some cum-slurping shitbag loser who is incapable of engaging himself in any sort of meaningful hobbies and can only entertain himself by fucking with other people's shit. These are the kinds of people I like to read about in the news whenever there's a story about a fiery, bloody accident and hope they were amongst the victims who didn't get rescued.
Diaper Changer Survey Results Still Coming Soon
I meant to have the results of this new survey ready to post, but with all the crap that took place last week I didn't have the time or really feel up to doing much of anything related to advancement of the web site, not being certain at the time when or if the web site would be back online again in its proper form. In fact, I wasn't even sure if i was going to post an update, especially with so few stories, but I decided to forge ahead and at least post them and the other regularly updated features. I am projecting next week to have the results and responses posted, barring any further unforeseen snafus. In the meantime, keep submitting your responses.
* * * * *
Have a good week, everyone. Stay happily and thickly diapered!
Other Messages of the Week