Deeker's Diaper Page
Deeker's Message of the Week
May 21, 2006
If Only Hard Drives Were Like Qantas*...
...then they'd never CRASH! Yes, that's right. I had a damn hard drive crash. . Fortunately, all of the material for this site was on a secondary hard drive that was not affected (knock on wood). The unfortunate part of this story, however, is that all of my email from April 25, 2006 to May 16, was lost and not recoverable from my backup files as it was stored on the main hard drive (the one that did crash). What this means is that a lot of new material for this week was lost. Specifically, I have lost the following:
In other words, just about anything that is emailed via the various forms used on the site. Because of the hard drive crash, this is what I am doing and what I am asking of everyone who visits the site:
- Individual emails sent to me
- Story submissions, including Contributed (fictional) and True Accounts
- Diaper Sighting Reports, both for boys and adult males
- Survey responses, all categories (Adult, Brother, Diaper Discipline, Sisters, Pre-teens/Teens, Diaper Ratings, Deeker's Diaper Page Survey)
- Question of the Week (QOTW) responses
- Add link requests and Dead link reports
- Error reports
- Story ideas/pledges
- If you sent me an email between April 25 and May 16 and you are expecting a reply I need you to send it again (copy and paste the message from your outbox if still available).
- If you have submitted a story, survey response, or any other items mentioned in the list above between May 14 and May 16, please re-submit them. Those of you whose materials made it after the crash will not need to resubmit. You will find your materials posted this week (provided they were accepted).
- If you participated in the QOTW and responded to it between May 14 and May 16, please re-submit your response. Those of you who submitted responses after this period need not re-submit. I have your responses on file and ready to post next week. I am going to leave last week's QOTW up for another week to allow those of you whose responses were lost, to re-submit.
I know it's a
hassle pain in the ass to ask you all to do this, but anyone who has worked with computers for any length of time will certainly understand. Your cooperation, patience and undertanding is much appreciated. In the meantime, I'll do email backups more frequently.
*Anyone who has watched Rain Man will undoubtedly recognize the reference to Qantas Airlines having a crash-free record. The movie was released in 1988, however, though according to a precursory Google search, this record still stands. If anyone feels compelled to tell me otherwise, you are welcome to do so- just don't be an ass about it if you do.
* * * * *
Have a good week, everyone. Stay happily and thickly diapered!
Other Messages of the Week